The Education Unit is based on the First Cycle Degree course “Educational Sciences” and on the Second Cycle Degree course “Design and Coordination of Educational Services”. It brings together academics of pedagogical, geographical, sociological and medico-legal disciplines.
The Unit aim is to undertake research activities in the fields of educational sciences, both social and human, with an inter-disciplinary perspective within the new Department.
Areas of Study
- M-GGR/01: Geography
- M-GGR/02: Political and Economical Geography
- M-PED/01: General and Social Pedagogy
- M-PED/02: History of Pedagogy
- M-PED/03: Special Didactics and Pedagogy
- M-PED/04: Experimental Pedagogy
- SPS/08: Sociology of Cultural and Communication Processes
- MED/43: Legal Medicine
The professors’ offices and those of the technical and administrative staff are located in the Borgo Carissimi Complex.
The Education Unit makes use of the Biblioteca Socio-Pedagogica (the Library of Sociology and Pedagogy). It has been allotted two different areas with a reading room:
- The Educational Sciences Section is located at number 10 of Borgo Carissimi: Books and magazines regarding education, philosophical and literary topics can be found there.
- The Geographical Sciences Section is located at number 12 of Borgo Carissimi. Reference literature regarding geographical sciences and a map collection can be found there.
There is also a computer laboratory that seats 60 for lessons or exercises and a microfilm service for digitalisation of materials.
Academic activities take place in the classrooms of the Borgo Carissimi Complex and in the nearby Via Del Prato Learning Centre.
The following degree courses are related to the Education Unit of the Department of Humanities, Social Sciences and Cultural Industries:
- First Cycle Degree Course in
- Second Cycle Degree Course in
Design and Coordination of Educational Services
The educational and instructional part of the learning process "Percorso Formativo 24 CFU" (PF24), or training courses for teaching in schools, is provided by the teaching staff. In the previous years, “Tirocinio Formativo Attivo” (TFA) and “Percorsi Abilitanti Speciali” (PAS) have been offered.
Borgo Carissimi, 10/12
Telephone: +39 0521 034891 | 034803
MADELLA Laura M-PED/02
Subject Matter Expert
ANDREOLI Elisabetta M-PED/03
BERTOLINI Lisa M-PED/03
CAMMISULI Davide M-PSI/08
FUGALLI Livia M-PED/01
GONZI Giovanni M-PED/02
MAGGIO M. Antonietta M-PED/03
MAZZA Ermanno M-PED/01
TESTA Valeria M-PED/04
ZUCCA Paolo VET/08